Our thorough safety risk assessment evaluates the risks associated with machine use and the tasks assigned to the machine operators or mechanical staff. It incorporates the use of frequency, severity and avoidance determinations for each task evaluated. Numerical scores are derived for alignment with regulatory, industry or the client’s own internal risk tolerance limits. Alignment with safety control system reliability ratings such as ISO-13849 is also provided. This assessment can take up to 6-8 hours per machine to complete.
Risk assessments identify points of hazard during all potential conditions, as defined in OSHA 29 CFR 1910, Subpart O, and in accordance with with ANSI, ISO or RIA machine risk assessment guidelines.
They also evaluate the probability of injury and level of severity, as well as the actual or potential exposure of all workers. We communicate findings throughout the entire process.
- We make industry-accepted recommendations to eliminate or reduce any mechanical hazards that have been identified.
- We identify non-mechanical hazards that affect the control reliability of the machine. Control reliability non-mechanical hazards pertain to the electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic components and circuits, and their operations, related to the safety of the equipment.
- We review all equipment usage documentation and the process used to determine operator training, outlining any evaluations, or detailing how conclusions were made to qualify users of the equipment.
- We take into account the methods and procedures used in the processing, use, handling or storage of materials, tools and substances.
- Our risk assessments effectively measure hazard severity, exposure and probability based on input from people familiar with the operation of the equipment. A decision tree is developed to determine the total risk of the machine (based on ANSI-B11) or for each individual safety function (based on ISO 13849).
MPSA’s Machine Safety Survey is used to identify visible and hidden equipment hazards and determine if the investment in a full a risk assessment is warranted (potentially saving thousands of dollars.)
After conducting a Risk Assessment or Safety Survey, we provide a Recommendation Report which lists suitable measures to address each action item uncovered.
Provide a compliant and safe working environment.
Take the first step. Ask MPSA to identify your machine safety and compliance issues. We can do the rest.
Have a machine safety concern? Tell us about it!
Request a Hazard Assessment
Request an MPSA professional on-site visit to identify hazards in your machinery and processes.
Request a Hazard Assessment
Request an MPSA professional to visit on-site and perform a Safety Survey, or if necessary, a full Risk Assessment.