We can train your staff on how to use and maintain your safety system. We can even create customized training videos for your continuous use. We also can provide a machine-safety trainer unit to teach others about machine safeguarding concepts.
Machine Safety Training
On-Site Sessions – Customized Training Videos Machine Safety Trainer Units
Who should attend our safety trainings?
EH&S personnel, plant maintenance personnel, plant engineering staff, production managers, and all managers concerned with safety of plant personnel.
General Machine Safety Training Topics
Understanding Your Facility’s Machine Safety Needs
This one-hour session is for plant management, EHS, engineering, maintenance, automation/instrumentation personnel & machine operators. Includes a practical demonstration & hands-on review of operational guarding, safety control devices and controllers and control-reliable safety circuits using the MPSA Machine Safety Trainer.
General Machine Safety
This one-day class is useful to anyone responsible for the design, operation, or maintenance of machines who need an understanding of legal requirements, risk assessment, types of hazards, the several levels of circuit design, and available types of safety equipment. Learn how they all come together for a complete safety solution.
Customized Safety Training Sessions
MPSA can customize a training session to meet your company’s most pressing concerns. Customized classes can include, but are not limited to the following:
- Machine safeguarding devices
- Interlocking principles and devices
- Emergency stop devices, light curtains, beams and scanners
- Mats, edges and bumpers
- Two-hand controls
- Enabling devices
- Monitoring relays and PLCs
- Arc-flash protection
Unlike traditional video production companies, we have the machine safety experts to help ensure the video is comprehensive and includes all the pertinant safety instructions relating to your machinery and processes.
We can create machine safety training videos from start to finish, including:
- Consultation(s) to formulate the outline of your training video(s)
- Content writing for captions and/or script
- On-site filming
- Professional film editing with the capabilities to include:
- On-screen captions
- Spliced-in footage and photos from other sources
- Music and voice-overs
- Choice of the output file type and delivery method (DVD, private dropbox file, USB drive, etc.)
Do you need to train others on machine safeguarding concepts?
MPSA’s portable machine safety trainer uses four points of access to
Safety control components included:
- Programmable safety controller
- Safety light curtains
- Locking safety door interlock switch
- Non-locking, non-contact safety switch
- Positive force-guided relays (FGRs)
- Emergency stop
Demonstrates these key safeguarding concepts:
- Dual-channel redundancy of the emergency-stop circuit and the safety input/output devices
- Monitored reset of emergency stop circuit
- Reliable control of the motor
- Safe-distance calculation for safety light curtain placement
- Proper selection and placement of physical guarding
If you think you have implemented a safe and compliant safety control system, think again! Our safety trainer demonstrates how the improper selection or utilization of safety components can leave you with a non-compliant solution. Ask about purchasing one for your training needs.
Provide a compliant and safe working environment.
Take the first step. Ask MPSA to identify your machine safety and compliance issues. We can do the rest.